George Kokkas, born in 1966, is specialized in business development issues since 1993.
He has a major experience in management of co-financed development project by the European Union and other sources.
He has compiled numerous business plans / related studies and has been occupied as evaluator in many projects financed by the Investment Law and the National Reference Framework Program (NSRF).
Some important places in his career are:
- 1995-2011 Project Coordinator in KEPA, the biggest Intermediate Body (IB) responsible for the management of EU co-financed projects in Greece
- 2001 - 2003 ANALYSIS SA Business Consultants, General Manager
- 2003 - 2004 & 2009 - 2011 EUROCONSULTANTS SA: Marketing Manager, Business Development Manager for projects abroad.
- 2004 - 2008 Center of Entrepreneurial and technological Development of Central Macedonia (ΚΕΤΑ-ΚΕΜΑΚ), General Manager. KETA-KEMAK was a consultancy agency established by the Chambers of Commerce and Industry of the Region of Central Macedonia aiming at the support of the SMEs in the region.
- 2008 Expert in the Bulgarian Ministry of Finance for the design of EU funded programs targeted to SME development (Europaid project)
- 2009 Expert of the Greek Ministry of Development (Special Unit for the Management of Operational Program Competitiveness) for the design of programs financing SME development in Greece
- In 2011 he established George Kokkas and Associates, a Business Consultants Company.
He has studied electrical Engineering and holds an MSc from University College London.