Integrated system for the improvement and upgrading of the strategic and operational planning of tourism policy. Creation of modern structure and tools for the public services used by visitors, and the acronym “Dias Net”, which takes place under regional cooperation “Greece-Bulgaria 2007-2013”
Greece-Bulgaria, two neighboring countries , with one common aim, the development of an open and dynamic model system for supporting decisions for the formation, design and application of effective tourism policy operational programs and entrepreneurship enhancement in the field of tourism in the border zone.
It was decided that this purpose would be fulfilled by the Organization for Tourism Promotion and Marketing of Thessaloniki’s Prefecture, through the program “Dias Net”, along with two Bulgarian partners.
The constant cooperation and the correct organization of all the necessary procedures of submitting and delivering work led the countries to conclusive results.
Particularly important was the development of an action grid that exploits the potential of information technology )internet, social media, call center, info points, smartcards & mobile applications) for public service to tourists-visitors, because in this way there was an important contribution to the differentiation of the flow of tourism and to the local economy boost by introducing profitable activities.
However, there was an unanswered question “Are tourists satisfied by the supplied services?” An important and critical question. In order to have a complete picture, we created alongside our consultants, indicators that define the degree of tourism attraction and satisfaction both for the local and the cross-border public. In this way we managed to identify weak and inaccurate points in order to take the necessary measures to correct them.
Simultaneously, we proceeded to develop a common “Branding” for the cross-border region making it a competitive destination and creating information networks for visitors as well as operating structures that directly manage complaints and improve the standards of public service. These goals were met with success and all our partners are extremely satisfied with the outcome.
The main advantage that derives from the total of procedures is the model development of tourism regions, on the basis of a close cooperation between visitors-tourists through the development of technological applications.
Some of the benefits, out of which some are instantaneously obvious in the tourism market, are the following:
- Public and company service improvement through rational handling of complaints.
- Improvement and standardization of internal proceedings that concern political decisions related to tourism
- Upgrade of provided services as to meet any needs.
- Assurance of communication and service quality.
- Improvement of the quality of managerial action of important situations.
- Exploiting the know-how and experience of companies active in the tourism market and the maturing of ideas, and the optimal design of implementing actions of tourism policy.
- Effective organization and management of information in order to cover the needs and responsiveness of tourism companies.
- Market access and organizing consumer profiles in order to form the product to the visitors’-tourists’ needs.
- Continuous production knowledge and availability of tourism product in relation to “Consumers’ Profile” (income groups, age composition, preferences, complaints).
Equipped with the above alongside the accessibility to data material, in this way allows us to contribute in the future, to the development, improvement and exploitation of our city as a tourism destination.
Finally, we proved that distance and language do not constitute a problem to proper and good cooperation, and that all occurring issues can be solved with success.